Pages

20 March 2011

Hit Snooze

So my sister Rachael and I have decided to start a little monthly Sunday brunch tradition. We have been wanting to check out several places around town that we think have good "brunch potential". This was our first Sunday and it turned out to be a success!

The only downside to Snooze that we could find was the crazy wait time, about 45 minutes. Luckily it was a gorgeous day here in Denver and they had complimentary coffee to sip while we waited out in the Spring sun. People even seemed to be having fun waiting to eat. The restaurant provided chalk for people to pass the time on the sidewalk and so there were no screaming kids!

When we did get seated we found out that Snooze was worth the wait. I ordered the 'Benedicto Tuscano' with tomatoes, white beans, kale, and squash on top of French bread with perfectly poached eggs, creamy hollandaise, and shavings of Parmesan. It was to. die. for. 










We stuffed our faces and enjoyed a few cups of coffee in the coolest mugs ever! Rachael says they remind her of the Jungle Book. Mowgli mugs. I thought they looked like honey pots.

The menu was not too 'spensive either. Under $10 for a meal and I  think next time I'll be ordering some Mimosas. (However I am scarred from spending about $30 on three of them when Amanda was in town last summer so I'd better be careful)

I love being able to spend time with my little sister. We got to catch up and we talked about all the things we want to do this summer. (White water rafting, camping, hiking, travelling. Can't wait!)

Next up... Jelly.

1 comment:

  1. I am L-O-V-I-N-G all the blogging lately! It makes me feel like you don't live 8 hours away. :) Love you and love the cute new tradition!

    ReplyDelete